Sunday, August 7, 2011

SERVING RON HUTCHCRAFT MINISTRIES - "ON EAGLES WINGS"

On August 1st, Northern Eagle Ministries had the privilege to fly Jesselyn from St. Andrews to her home community Cat Lake, a First Nation Fly-In Community in North Western Ontario, 2 hrs by small plane.


Jesselyn came back from a Mission Trip, organized by Ron Hutchcraft Ministries. 
Jesselyn with one of the team members
I joined a team called "On Eagles Wings" - it is a Native Youth Ministry from Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, equipping native youth to become spiritual rescuers.
We travelled together with 59 other teens 2500 miles by bus to 10 reservations in 4 different states, having 3 outreaches in each reservation that took place in a basket ball court.
I did things, I never imagined I could do like talking to girls, I never met before, sharing what we called a "Hope Story"- it  is my testimony - basically it is how my life was, what I went through, my turning point with JESUS and what HE is doing in my life now.

Just seeing GOD working through young believers, was very encouraging and it was a blessing to serve JESUS CHRIST with them.
I had the opportunity to share the Gospel with them, but sometimes, they would reject it, because they thought JESUS is a "White Man's God".

So I explained to them, that JESUS is a brown skinned man from a tribe called Judah. This really opened their eyes toward CHRIST.
The founder of "OEW" (On Eagles Wings) counted approximately 700 native americans, who were heading towards destruction, but now heading into salvation during this mission trip.
I plan to use what I have learned to reach my people in my community Cat Lake ON.
I can do all things through JESUS CHRIST, who strengthens me.
This is my calling and I feel very passionate about it - I thank GOD, that there are Ministries, that go out into the world to proclaim what our LORD has done.
Here a link to more information about Ron Hutchcraft Ministries and some pictures from this Mission Trip
http://oew.hutchcraft.com/photo-gallery/summer-of-hope/2011-summer-of-hope

Here is my testimony also called "Hope Story":
My parents separated when I was 11. 
I felt, that I could do what I wanted, because no one loved me.
At the age of 12, I had my first drink and I started drinking, smoking weed, and my friends and I would do this every weekend.
My mother committed suicide, when she was drunk - this happened, when I was 17; it was hard for me, because she was my best friend. 
About a month later, my uncle drowned when he was drunk and I blamed GOD. I was so frustrated with Him, but I realized, that GOD never said that this wouldn't happen.
I moved in with my dad, that's when I got addicted with snorting drugs and gambling. 
One night we were arguing and he started hitting me and saying stuff like "you are a looser", you are "nothing" and he asked me, if I wanted a rope, so I could go and hang myself, just like my mom did; and that all I wanted, was a man, to take care of me.
He was right! - because I do need a man to take care of me and his name is JESUS - ever since I asked HIM into my life I have this JOY this PEACE and NOTHING this world has to offer compares to what I have NOW.
No matter how bad my life falls apart, JESUS is always there to walk me through.
I don't need to get drunk to laugh, I don't need to get high on drugs to feel happy, I don't need to try to commit suicide to get rid of my problems, because the JOY of JESUS is my STRENGTH now.
AND HE CAN DO THE SAME FOR ANYONE WHO CALLS ON HIS NAME !
Jesselyn Gray 19 Ojubwe


No comments:

Post a Comment